Friday, May 20, 2011

"Picnic in the Park" at the Greenhouse

The greenhouse has a new ongoing event called "Picnic in the Park." The Galley (or in this case, Emily) makes you a sack lunch, or you can get your own food from and take it up to the greenhouse. Recreation even coordinated shuttles to drive people up so we can all maximize our time amongst the plants.

I signed up for Friday and had picnic lunch with Larry, Joseph, Gareth, Kyle and Emily. It was delightful.

Tomatoes...

lovely tomatoes.

Emily, this year's green house technician.

A jalapeño flower!

Face toward the light, smile on.

Nasturtium leaves - nice and peppery.

The Lunch Bunch: Gareth, Kyle and Larry.

The underside of nasturtiums.

Emily bags the harvest.

Grow plants grow!

Sprouting herbs!

Corn flowers!

Kyle certainly enjoys the greenhouse!

BIG beautiful green leaves!

Cucumber!

A cucumber flower!

Kyle relaxes in the comfy chair.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Fried green tomatoes.

Jalapeños!

Larry lounges in the hammock.

As does Joseph.

Emily harvests some leaves.

Green, leafy heaven.

Kale.

Flowering Bok Choy.

I feel like this sometimes...dried up and barren.

Ahhh...88ºF!

Emily makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment